A.KRÜSS MAT1000 Series Modified Atmosphere Tester brought to you the best gas analyzer for the Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) applications. Only a small sample volume of gas is required, and after 5–10 seconds, you can get a stable measured values and understand the current status of the package.
Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) plays a decisive role in this. Typical protective gases are nitrogen (N2), carbon dioxide (CO2) and oxygen (O2) as well as a mixture of these gases. These are natural components of the ambient air but in modified concentrations that need to be checked. In most food packages, the oxygen concentration is reduced while the carbon dioxide concentration is increased in order to inhibit the growth of aerobic microorganisms. That also allows you to slow down oxidation processes that change the ingredients and thus the taste and colour of the products. Other foodstuff, however, requires a certain oxygen content inside the packaging so it can stay fresh or keep its color.
But protective gases are not only used in the food industry. Electronic components are also packaged under nitrogen in order to prevent oxidation and corrosion processes. The same applies to pharmaceutical or cosmetic products, for example, in vials or blister packages. In addition, the modified atmosphere stabilises the packaging providing the product with a mechanical protection.
In order to check the mixture ratio of the protective gases inside a package, a self-adhesive septum is applied to a sampling point. The suction needle of the gas analyser is then inserted through the septum into the headspace of the package. A simple touch on the touch-screen of the device will ensure that the required sample is automatically drawn in. Within a very short time, the oxygen and carbon dioxide content is measured, the nitrogen content calculated, and the results are shown on the display.
- Easy and intuitively to use via touch-screen – even by untrained personnel
- Methods and scales that can be configured by the user for many different applications
- Freely definable formulas and parameters for complex conversions
- Shortcut keys for the most important functions
- Optional user administration with two authorisation levels
- Easy-to-understand, menu-guided adjustment
- Only a small sample volume required
- High accuracy even with small sample volumes
- Short measurement period
- Customised layout of the result reports
- Compliance with global standards such as GMP/GLP and 21 CFR Part 11
- Validation possible
- High safety standard thanks to the traceability and reproducibility of all measured data
- Integrated interfaces for the convenient transfer of measured values (USB, Ethernet, RS-232)
- Compact design in robust cast aluminium housing
- IQ/OQ/PQ by A.KRÜSS Optronic or certified service partners
- Service, maintenance, calibration and adjustment on site
Food - Modified Atmosphere Packaging
Electronics - Storage, Packaging Gas, O2 & CO2 measurement QC
Pharmaceutical - Storage Silo Work, CO2 Potential Hazards, Precision O2 Measurement
Cosmetics - Packing
MAT1100 THE REASONABLY PRICED ENTRY-LEVEL MODEL FOR SAMPLE CHECKS
MAT1200 THE ECONOMICAL SOLUTION FOR O2 AND CO2 MEASUREMENTS
MAT1400 THE SPECIALIST FOR FAST, HIGH-PRECISION OXYGEN MEASUREMENTS
MAT1500 THE ALL-ROUNDER FOR HIGHEST STANDARDS